Golden Tulip now Lancaster Hotel after government sold 60% shares


The Accra and Kumasi Golden Tulip Hotels will be renamed Lancaster Hotel as of today, July 1st, 2022.

The sale of the hotel to a group of Lebanese investors has led to this.

The Golden Tulip Hotels in Accra and Kumasi, operated by a joint venture between the governments of Ghana and Libya (GLAHCO), have sold their franchise to a Lebanese company, according to documents in the possession of Joy Business. Before the sale of the hotel, the governments of Ghana and Libya each held 60% of the properties, while the private sector owned the other 40%.

The Lancaster Accra City Hotel and the Lancaster Kumasi City Hotel will be their new names.

Achour Holding Limited operating as Lancaster Hotels would be the new lessee with effect from July 1, 2022, and would take effect under the same circumstances previously announced, according to a letter from the general manager that was copied to the heads of department.
The statement continued, “We strongly encourage you to support the new company in order to assure a successful takeoff.”

Lancaster Hotel will be the new name of the Golden Tulip Hotel, according to a letter from Lucy Ahedor, the hotel’s Rooms Division Manager. We also want to reassure you that this adjustment will have no impact on the hotel’s regular operations.

Additionally, the hotel under its new brand will undergo a major renovation, increasing the majority of its amenities, she said.

Several hotel employees who agreed to speak to Joy Business under the condition of anonymity at the company’s headquarters on July 1st, 2022, verified the hotel’s sale and rebranding.

However, they promised to reveal their position on the transaction by the end of the week.

Sources connected to Joy Business said that several government officials were involved in the sale.

Hotels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and North America are managed and franchised by the Golden Tulip Hospitality Group.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *